Are you ready to learn how to break one self limiting habit?
3 Step Process is Simple
1. Make your Environment as Temptation Free as Possible
2. Make it through the 1st 7 Days (even if you Fail) you take on the Mindset of Successful People
3. Focus on Positive Replacements – this means creating Positive Feedback Loops in your head....rather than Negative Feedback Loops that focus on expecting Failure
REMEMBER the 1st Day is the Hardest
When is it toughest to not have a candy bar, cigarette…?
24 hours after you had the LAST One!
Resolve and Willpower are not enough. You can’t trust yourself to enter the ring with your bare hands and no preparation.
Build Up –Baby Steps
Remove Temptations whenever possible.
…Just like Odysses tied himself to the ship….when things got serious…You need to have fail safes in place.
EXAMPLE GIVING UP ALCOHOL
1. Throw out all you have in the home
i.e. Why do you think the Pope doesn’t live in the Playboy Mansion
2. Replace your alcohol with Healthier Options
· Trade wine for Cranberry or Grape Juice or option of a similar color
· Serve it in a nice glass
· If you prefer beer or a bubbly drink substitute La Croix Grapefruit or Lemon, American Label Blackberry is also awesome
· Even Better Drive to Social Events
· Make UP an Excuse (Dr., Your hungover from last night), People lie about why they drink so..
· Stay at Home …not missing out on bad food, and indigestion, excess calories
Step 2: Make it Through the 1st 7 Days – even with Failures
Survive an entire week with the resolve to not cheat
SUCCESS & FAILURE 1ST WEEK -- Is ENTIRELY IN YOUR MIND
Develop the Mindset of Successful People
…” I HAVE NOT FAILED I HAVE JUST FOUND 10,000 WAYS THAT DO NOT WORK” Thomas Edison
…If you are trying to quit sugar and junk in your coffee, on Day 3, Don’t jump to conclusions and Go back to Carmel Machiattos w/Xtra whip!
If trying to quit alcohol and your spouse shows up with bottle of bubbly to celebrate his promotion and you have some....
Does that mean you Failed?
No it doesn’t
You Lose the Battle when you quit less than 1 week in. It's not a
battle with Habit…..It’s a Battle with the Mind
Remember for 90% of us the battle is not going to be won on the first try or even the second.
Even If You Fail in 1st Week:
1. Focus on Successes
2. Get Plenty of Encouragement, positive Feedback & Confirmation
Remember this EQUATION
MAXIMUM ENCOURAGEMENT = SUCCESS
3 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO HELP W/ THIS 1ST PART
1. Make a Strong Commitment at the Start (24-48 Hours) for New Achievement
2. Create Mini Rewards (instead of sweets, reward yourself with a favorite dinner)
3. Meticulously Track Your Success - # of days, hours or weeks without cigs, sodas you name the vice.
We are stronger with Encouragement from each other.
I hope you have committed to "One UnHealthy Habit" you plan to trade for a "Positive One" Please comment here your intention and what you are committing to!
What is your One UnHealthy Habit" you plan to trade for a "Positive One"
You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram.